2016 Herbapol Essence of Nature awards have been presented!
An Essence of Nature awards ceremony was held at the Belvedere restaurant in Warsaw on 25 October 2016. This year’s winners were: Tomasz Michniewicz, Sebastian Kulis, Lara Gessler, Adam Brzoza and Ryszard Kałaczyński. Dorota Wellman was presented with a Special Award.
For the eighth time in a row, the group of more than thirty winners has been joined by six outstanding personalities who – following the call of nature – have promoted and shared the core values. For these people communion with nature is the essence of life. They thoughtfully and respectfully follow traditions, while their true commitment inspires others to follow in their footsteps. They believe that humankind is one with the universe, despite the variety of life forms.
Laureaci nagrody Esencja Natury 2016 zostali wyróżnieni w następujących kategoriach:
• Inspired by nature in the social media – Sebastian Kulis, author of an online herbarium www.roslinneporady.pl
• Inspired by nature in art – Adam Brzoza, photographer from Zakopane, passionate about mountains and nature
• Debut – Lara Gessler, author of a book with herbal desserts
• Inspired by nature in life – Ryszard Kałaczyński, ultramarathon amateur runner who brok the Guinness World Record (366 marathons completed in 366 days)
• Nature and media – Tomasz Michniewicz, journalist, reporter, photographer
Jury of this year’s Herbapol Essence of Nature Award has presented a Special Award. The winner is Dorota Wellman– a journalist and TV presenter. For being close to nature, literally and metaphorically. For community involvement, volunteering and reasonable approach to charity. For promoting environmental and health oriented initiatives. For being the one to pave the way, overcome barriers and sail with and against the wind. For being true to and in harmony with oneself. The Award was presented by Mr. Jerzy Starak and Mr. Evangelos Evangelou, President of Herbapol-Lublin S.A.
This year’s awards ceremony was led by Agnieszka Cegielska, winner of the 2015 Essence of Nature award in the category “Promotion of nature in the media.” The evening ceremony featured a performance by Kayah & Royal Quartet. The artist performed her greatest hits in new arrangements.
In attendace, among others, were: Sebastian Karpiel-Bułecka, Mariola Bojarska-Ferenc, Szymon Majewski, Maja Popielarska, Robert Korzeniowski, Krzysztof Daukszewicz, prof. Iwona Wawer, Grażyna Wolszczak and Cezary Harasimowicz, Tomasz Sikora.